Pages

Monday 13 January 2014

New Year Tag || Better Late Than Never

Hello wonderful people, 

I'm suffering from a severe case of writers block (nothing new there) and decided instead of writing something new for you this week, I'd head over to my drafts and look at the very few random ideas I've had. This was something I intended to post a little earlier in the month, but I guess it just slipped my mind. I'm going to give it to you anyway, because I'm super kind, but also because 'tag' posts are super easy for when you're out of creativity. Enjoy! 

1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
I graduated University and that's something I'd never done before, hah! But in all seriousness, I think I put more effort into things. I've always been a 'sit back and relax' kind of person, and never really worked too hard for what I want, but in 2013, I really upped the ante. I started saving (horray, America) and properly started looking for a full time job. I don't have one yet, neither do I have enough money to go to America, but I'm still working towards them both so roll on 2014! I've also put a lot more effort into friendships because they're so few and far between as you get older, and I want to keep as many amazing people around me as possible! 

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think my resolution for 2013 was to cut back on Diet Coke, and well, I didn't stick to that one at all.


3. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A successful relationship. And dreams that I actually follow through. In 2013, I set myself a lot of goals that were super unrealistic and I always felt down on myself when I didn't achieve them. For this year, I've made plans that are achievable and I have so much to look forward to if I can stick to it.

4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I've said it a million times on here, but probably graduating Uni. It was a huge thing for me because, towards the end especially, I really didn't think I was going to do it. In my third year, I sort of became a nervous, awkward hermit and I didn't enjoy going to class or being a student. Obviously everyone has good and bad days, but I was super proud that I did it! 

5. What was the best thing you bought? 
A money bank that can't be opened. In fairness, I have opened it now because I do have something that I'm physically saving for and in reality I need to know where I'm at with money, but it actually meant I've saved a lot more than I thought I would be able to.

6. What was your favorite TV program?
In 2013, I started watching Glee and it's fast taken over my life. I absolutely adore anything related to musical theatre so when my friend Ellie introduced me to it, I was hooked. Now I'm back home from Uni, I have a few guy friends who are also obsessed with it and we sometimes have marathon Glee sessions. Don't judge us, we're amazing. 

7. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
For the longest time I've battled with lack of self confidence and self belief. I don't think I'm good enough to achieve things which in turn makes me lazy and I don't strive for greatness as much as I possibly should. In 2013, I made had so many dreams and didn't stick to them, but it's only spurred me on to do more in 2014 and in years to come. In 2013 (with some help from good friends and Keep it Bright), I learned that no matter what life throws at you, if you work hard and believe in yourself, you can achieve great things, and you will. 


So there you have it. I hope this isn't too much like my 2013 recap and I do hope you enjoy it. Why don't you answer one of the questions above and leave it in the comments?!

Thank you so much for stopping by,
Take care, stay beautiful and dream big!
All the love in the world,
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment